Tuesday, May 12, 2009

HOLY COW!

It's been one month and a couple days since my last post...and it was a "non sense" post too! Sorry, have you been checking in for some new blogging from me?

I have to say, I have been very busy. So busy in fact that it seems I have had no time to blog! {gasp!} just kidding... We have had school activities, LOADS of birthdays, church, home projects and getting ready for VBS and the many custom orders that still keep trickling in. And that's just the tip of the iceburg! We also dealt with a nasty stomach virus...which one of my little guys got twice in a matter of 3 weeks! (Of course my mom thought it was the Swine Flu! Come on, people!!) Anyway, I took a few moments out on Mother's Day evening, when the kids were under dad's care (I could use a couple more Mother's Day's throughout the year, how about you?) and I listed a bunch of stuff on ebay. I need to move out the old and make room for some new. This is one of the things I have up right now, and let me tell you...quite a lot of watchers on it! ;) The Backyardigans are so popular right now. I've gotten 2 custom orders for my Backyardigans dress that I made last Fall in the last month! (click the pic for the auction) And be sure to check out all my goodies HERE. And I have lots more to list, so keep checking back.

Today I am off to the appliance store because our refrigerator has decided that it now has bladder control issues. Isn't that funny?? Well, my husband and the nice hardwood floor do not agree! So, I'm off...cash in hand and ready to make a deal. My famous words are "Is that the best you can do???" or this always works when you aren't satified with your negotiated price: "Well, I think I'm going to shop around and visit a few other stores" That's like throwing out a few cus words to the sales clerk in today's economy! They don't want to see you leave and especially not "shop around"! So....next time you are at a store where you can make a deal (and believe me, I've tried negotiating at stores that you can't too....Target! lol) say those words and you'll see what happens. The power of negotiating is almost like a drug....you want to do more and more and when you get that high from SAVING MONEY it is so rewarding! Like grandma used to say..."A penny saved is a penny earned".

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather, Thanks for visiting my blog. Wow, I've never had a Publix tell me you can't combine a competitor and a mfr. coupon. I can't use both a competitor and Publix coupon, but I can use either a store coupon or a comp. coupon with a mfr. coupon. I'd love to hear what you hear back from Publix. Many times, corporate leaves these decisions up to the local managers.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather, Thanks for visiting my blog. Wow, I've never had a Publix tell me you can't combine a competitor and a mfr. coupon. I can't use both a competitor and Publix coupon, but I can use either a store coupon or a comp. coupon with a mfr. coupon. I'd love to hear what you hear back from Publix. Many times, corporate leaves these decisions up to the local managers.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comment! ~Heather